organic apple tea
RECIPE BY: Giselle Trujillo
NOTES: This recipe is very popular in my country of Dominican Republic. We make very good teas from fruits and plants we find in our backyard. Apples, cloves and cinnamon have healing properties and this a tea we drink when sick, or on cold tropical night. I personally don’t drink my teas with sweetness, however many people add either honey or sugar to this tea. It is very easy to make and really good.
PREPERATION TIME: 2 minutes
BOIL TIME: 15 minutes
SERVINGS: Any amount
INGREDIENTS: (4) total
- Red apples
STOVE HEAT: Medium heat to boil
- Wash your apples very well with vinegar.
- Cut the apples in pieces, take the seeds out.
- Take a pot and fill with 5 cups of water.
- Add 2 or 3 apples
- Add about 3 whole cloves
- Add 2 sticks of cinamon.
- Boil for about 15 minutes till apples become super soft.
- Serve with the apples in the cup or strain.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Let us know how yours came out.